Play Online Blackjack
Blackjack is one of the most exciting casino games you can play. The chances of winning are high, and there are plenty of variations of the game which means that you will always find an exciting new way to play it. The best part is that the game is incredibly easy to understand. Therefore, it serves as a perfect introduction to the world of gambling for newcomers.
How to Play Blackjack
To start with blackjack, you will need to know the values of each card. Thankfully, this is simple:
- Number cards: whatever number is on the card.
- Face card: 10
- Ace: 1 or 11. It is generally going to be a 1 if it would put you over 21.
The aim of blackjack is to get a hand totaling 21. You are competing against the dealer. You can do the following when you play:
- Hit: you can keep doing this until you get over 21.
- Insurance: you have the opportunity to place a second bet which pays out 2-1 if the dealer has a blackjack. You can only take this bet if the dealer has an ace.
- Double down: double your bet but you can only get one more card.
- Split: Split your hand if both cards are of the same value.
- Surrender: give up half your bet without continuing to play
Casinos will have their own house rules, so make sure you read through them so you know what you are getting into.
Blackjack Tips & Tricks
- It would be nigh on impossible for us to give you a complete guide to blackjack tips and tricks, so here is just a quick summary:
- Never play an insurance bet. It is not worth it.
- Stand if your hand is valued 12-16 and your dealer has 2-6
- Hit when your hand is between 12-16 but your dealer has a 7 to Ace.
- You should always split whenever you have Aces and 8s.
- Hit or double if you have an Ace to 6.
- Double when you have an 11 and the dealer has between 2 and 10.
- If you are playing live dealer blackjack, then try to avoid the first seat. It gives you more time to make your decision.
If you really want the ultimate thrill when it comes to blackjack, then you absolutely need to check out live blackjack. We are not going to go into too much depth on live blackjack here, mostly because we have other guides on our website about this.
We do want to point out that live blackjack is not going to be for everybody. There is going to be a slightly higher minimum stake, but it is going to be completely worth it when you see that cash start to roll in by following the tip above.
Finding a Blackjack Casino in Canada
There are several things that you can think about when you are searching for a blackjack casino in Canada. Here are a couple of tips and tricks we use when we are searching for a place to play.
The first thing to do is read a few reviews of online casinos. This way you get a feel for what other people think of the online casino. Never check out a place which seems to have an overwhelming number of negative reviews.
You will also want to consider the number of games that the online casino has available. Now, obviously you are looking to play blackjack in Canada, which means that you want a place which has a ton of variants of the game, maybe a bit of live blackjack too if you care for that sort of thing. However, there should also be more games to choose from than just blackjack. The more there is to sink your teeth into, the better!
You should also consider the bonuses that the online casino brings to the table. Think about both the welcome bonuses and the loyalty bonuses that you get for sticking around and having fun at the website.
The Best Blackjack Casinos in Canada
If you don’t fancy putting in all that effort to track down an awesome online casino in Canada, then just check out the list below. This is a complete guide to some of the best blackjack casinos in the country now. We will make sure that we keep this list up to date whenever we stumble across brilliant new places to play.